Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Certified Public Accountant

Do C-corporation earnings impact Social Security benefits?

Customer Question

JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: Do earnings from a C-Corporation impact Social earnings
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: There are no 1099's or W-2 earnings. Worked Part-time, reinvested profits back into business. Maintained a full time job, did not generate wages.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. The earnings from a C-Corporation would not impact your social security benefits. If you take the earning out as dividends, the dividends could potentially impact your social security benefits.

I hope you found this information to be beneficial. If this answered your question please take a few moments to rate my response. A rating is needed in order for me to receive credit for helping you today. The rating bar is located at the top of the page – ranging from 1 to 5 stars. If you need me to clarify aspect of my response or if there are additional areas of the question that you would like me to consider please let me know. I would be happy to continue the discussion. It has been my pleasure helping you today.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need clarification. I am happy to help.

A C-corporation is a separate entity so its earning would be separate from your income.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for assistance in this matter. Yes, your expert response was very helpful.

It was my pleasure.