LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.

I'm retired. I want to go back to va clinic after 2 years.

Customer Question

Hi. I'm retired. I want to go back to va clinic after 2 years. I'm 67 and get 1800 each month from ss. When I go back to work part time are there any limitation on hours or income that will affect my social security check?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good morning Emily,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

You are perfectly clear to go back to work if you wish and earn as much money as you want. The limitation on income when you are receiving social security retirement benefits ONLY applies when you are under full retirement age (66 years of age).

As you are now 67, you can earn any amount you want from work and your social security retirement benefit will not be effected in any way. You will continue to get your full benefit for the rest of your life.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Hi Emily,

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,