dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I have attempted to get my name corrected in person at the

Customer Question

I have attempted to get my name corrected in person at the Naples, Florida office and been denied twice even tho I provided Birth Certificates, marriage license, and drivers license. I'm
very unhappy.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 8 months ago.

Hi Nancy Jo. My name's Lane. I can help here.

...

I hold a law degree, (Juris Doctorate), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in financial accounting & tax, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986.

...

Applying for a name change is one of the more complicated procedures. First, they will NOT accept photocopies or notarized copies 9only originals)

...

They also won't accept a receipt showing that you applied for the document.

...

Finally, all documents must be current (not expired).

...

Now, there is a grid (a choice of document for proving the various things that must be proved for a name change) BUT they sometimes will a document that is acceptable for two purposes. (a U.S. passport as proof of both citizenship and identity, for example).

...

I can get into the details here, but first can you tell me what reasona they give for denial?

Expert:  Lane replied 8 months ago.

Sorry for the typos - The site is not letting me edit for some reason [proven] ... [(only originals)]

Customer: replied 8 months ago.