Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.

I need to get a copy of my SS award letter

Customer Question

Category: Social Security
Expert:  Rick Martin replied 2 months ago.

The easiest way to get a copy of your letter is through your online account. If you don't want to use your online account, you can call the number below.

How can I get a benefit verification letter?

If you need proof you get Social Security benefits, Supplemental Security (SSI) Income or Medicare, you can request a benefit verification letter online by using your my Social Security account. This letter is sometimes called a "budget letter," a "benefits letter," a "proof of income letter," or a "proof of award letter."

You can also request proof that you have never received Social Security benefits or Supplemental Security Income or proof that you have applied for benefits.

To set up or use your account to get a benefit verification letter, go to Sign In Or Create An Account.

You cannot request a benefit verification letter online for another person, such as a spouse or child.

If you can’t or don’t want to use your online account, or you need a letter for someone other than yourself, you can call us at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Thank you for this opportunity to serve you. I kindly ask that you give me a positive rating if you are happy with my service, and please feel free to contact me with follow up questions.

Expert:  Barbara replied 2 months ago.

Different expert here - my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

The answer provided by the first expert who opted out of your question is absolutely correct.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Thank you and best regards,