Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.

My check was to come by mail in the 4th week of July. It has

Customer Question

Hi my check was to come by mail in the 4th week of July. It has not
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: It would be my first check... Terry M Young***** Oregon City, Or. 97045
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: Don't think so
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Rick Martin replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm happy to help. Since this is your first check, it will likely take longer to process you in the system. At this point you should contact them and confirm whether they have the correct address. Most likely, the delay is normal. If it was mailed to the wrong address they should order a new check to be released.

Please let me know whether anything unusual has happened since you were setup to receive your first check (any name or location changes, etc.)

Thank you for this opportunity to serve you. I kindly ask that you give me a good rating if you are happy with my service. Please feel free to ask follow up questions.

Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I am here to assist you. I am a social security attorney in my private practice – that is ALL I do. Please let me know that my post here is coming through for you by typing a quick reply.

I see that you prior expert opted out.

Actually, assuming you are getting your check by direct deposit, which is the requirement for the last few years (since 2013 I believe, off the top of my head), if your birthday is ***** the last 1/3 of the days of the month, your payday is the 4th Wednesday of the month and should have been received by Wednesday by DD unless you very recently signed up (they ask for 3 months in advance of your receipt month,not that that is always needed, but is supposed to be the safety buffer) and asked that it go onto a social security debit card - which can take longer if you asked for that recently. However, the SSA does indicate that should a payment be late, to please wait 3 "mailing" days before calling them. If you haven't received it by then, you can call your local office of(###) ###-####

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!