How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Fiona Chen Your Own Question
Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 453
Experience:  Former IRS Revenue Agent
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Dr. Fiona Chen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I don't know which way to go. Aim 62 and haven't worked for

Customer Question

I don't know which way to go . Aim 62 and haven't worked for 15 years but vested.I have anixity ,depression,PTSD,back and neck pain can't turn knee but 25% one way 50% to other, I could work part time if found right fit .
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: Can't turn neck not knee opps
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I gave $5, it signed me up for $42. What the heck,,
Expert:  Dr. Fiona Chen replied 7 months ago.

Dear Customer,

You can deal with the customer services on the payment issue.

I am here to address the question on you have on social security/tax.

1) You need to consult with an attorney to apply for social security disability and to be on a good federal government sponsored health care insurance plan or be on medicaid. Hopefully, for your well being, there are two prongs: 1) some steady income coming in; and 2) proper care for medical, physical and psychological treatments.

2) It is suggested that you go to a social security administration local office and deal with a representative face to face. They are usually very knowledgeable. Since you are 62 years old already, you can find out what is your social security "regular" retirement payment. They will print out for you, your retirement benefit payments starting from age 62 to full retirement age. Then, you can decide when to take your retirement benefit.

3) Social security disability will give higher payment than regular social security retirement, provided you qualify for the disability.

4) Being age over 60, it is suggested that you give your County senior services and/or department of aging a call. If you can find a good and knowledgeable social worker, the person should be able to direct you to all kinds of public assistance programs, such as housing, utility, food, health, dental care, etc. Sometimes, your doctor or hospital you go to visit, even on an outpatient basis, they can direct you to a social worker.

5) Focus on being better physically and mentally. Hopefully, you can find a good support group even from a religious organization or a local community. There are so much local resources and State resources potentially available for you. Find the resources, first. Get a little bid better, one step at a time.

6) The federal heath care exchange can enroll you into health plan, or medicaid, then, because they have no prior condition limitations, you can get some professional, medical help and even physical therapy. Focus on getting better physically and mentally first.


Fiona Chen, MPA, Ph.D., CPA, ABV, CFF, CITP