dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice

I did not stop work until Jan 2013. I retired from the

Customer Question

I did not stop work until Jan 2013. I retired from the Federal Government at that time. I was covered by my wife's health insurance as well as through the VA as a DAV. I signed up and starting receiving social security in 2014. I do not know if I signed up for Medicare at that time. What do I do to find out if I am already signed up for Medicare and if I am not am I going to be penalized. I lived in Puerto Rico when I signed up and now live in Melbourne Florida. My wife has since retired and has Blue Cross/Blue Shield insurance and I am covered under her policy and am being seen at the VA. Thanks
Category: Social Security
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I paid for the service already about ten minutes ago and was disconnected.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
email :***@******.***
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What is your specific question?