LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.

I have reached gap in Part D prescription plan, need extra

Customer Question

I have reached gap in Part D prescription plan, need extra help with payments.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon Lois,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Aside from any state programs which might be available to you---such as EPIC, you can also apply for Extra Help---a Medicare program that will help pay for your prescriptions that are not paid for by your Part D coverage.

In NY, you can ask the state to apply to the federal government for Extra Help on your behalf that will work in conjunction with EPIC and can eliminate any fees that you would otherwise pay for EPIC. You can apply through the state of NY for the Extra Help from Medicare by filing a Request for Additional Information. Here is a link to the form:

Alternatively, you can apply directly to Medicare for the Extra Help program. Here is a link to the site where you can fill out your application to apply:

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,