Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I your on ssd and you can only make around 1100 max a month

Customer Question

I your on ssd and you can only make around 1100 max a month what happens if your making 250 a week and you hit the months that have an extra week and you go over. and I was told if you even approach the max you can make a month they can stop it. is that true
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 9 months ago.

Hi, My name's Lane. I can help with this.

...

Based on the way oyu asked the question, yes it is possible HOWEVER...

...

I've only seen this qwhen an overzealous SSA worker gets ahead of themselves.

...

What you'll want to do is be pro-acive (get out ahead of that possibility ).

..

In the case of “extra” paychecks, you can save your paystubs to show that your hours worked each month result in earnings (rate of pay x actual total hours in the month) below SGA.

...

This will document that part of the pay in the sixth month is for work performed in the previous five months.

Expert:  Lane replied 9 months ago.

. … Please let me know if you have any questions at all.

...

If this HAS helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit")

Otherwise I’m working for no crediting at all here

...

Thank you!

Lane

I hold a law degree, (Juris Doctorate), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in financial accounting & tax, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986.

Expert:  Lane replied 9 months ago.

...

I’m just checking back in to see how things are going.

...

Again, you can save your paystubs to show that your hours worked each month result in earnings (rate of pay x actual total hours in the month) below SGA.

...

But again, let me know if you need more here.

...

Lane