Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

How do I get rid of my widow's ss benefits? With his

Customer Question

How do I get rid of my widow's ss benefits?
With his benefits I do not qualify for medicaid.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 3 months ago.

o withdraw your application

Fill out Social Security Form SSA-521 and include the reason why you want to withdraw the application on the form.

...

Note: If you already have Medicare, your request must also clearly state whether your Medicare coverage should or should not be included in the withdrawal.

...

If you want to keep your benefits and just terminate your Medicare Part B coverage, you cannot use Form SSA-521.

...

1. Send us the completed form. We will notify you of the amount of benefits you need to repay.

...

We will notify you when there is a decision about your withdrawal request.

...

You have 60 days to cancel an approved withdrawal. After that, you will lose any possible entitlement for the period covered by your original application.

...

If you cannot withdraw your retirement application

If you have reached full retirement age, but are not yet age 70, you can ask us to suspend benefit payments.

Expert:  Lane replied 3 months ago.

Here's the form: https://www.ssa.gov/forms/ssa-521.pdf

...

Please let me know if you have any questions at all.

...

If this HAS helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit")

Otherwise I’m working for no crediting at all here

...

Thank you!

Lane

I hold a law degree, (Juris Doctorate), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in financial accounting & tax, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986.

Expert:  Lane replied 3 months ago.

...

I’m just checking back in to see how things are going.

...

Did my answer help?

...

Let me know if you need more here.

...

Lane

Expert:  Lane replied 3 months ago.

...

...

Did my answer help? Again, fill out Social Security Form SSA-521 and include the reason why you want to withdraw the application on the form.

...

But again, let me know if you need more here.

...

Lane