LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.

On 8-10-2016 received $1748.20 instead of normal $1958.00

Customer Question

On 8-10-2016 received $1748.20 instead of normal $1958.00 payment through direct deposit. Why?????
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

The difference between your original payment and the recent payment comes to exactly $209.80. It just so happens that your Medicare Part B premium is 104.90 per month. So 2 months of Medicare Part B were deducted from your benefit payment. If you recently signed up for Part B this would explain the issue. If you have had Part B for some time now, then it is either an error or was an attempt by social security to recover a prior unpaid month.

This deduction will go back to normal next month.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My birth date is 3-6-1949. When I first applied for S.S. I received a large payment to make it current to my eligibility date. After that, every month it has been the same after deducting Part B medical of $104.90/month ($1958.00 per month net). So why now all of a sudden the difference with no accounting or explanation? I need an explanation. Nothing has changed since day one except that I changed my bank account and SS was notified by my bank. They threatened to lower my SS payment, as if I weren't already paying Part B medical, but the next month the correct amount went into the new account with no problem. This is all just BS. Please resolve this and respond quickly. I contacted SS directly and all they did was turn me over to you with your required fee. More government BS.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

I told you were the money came from. That is what you asked for. What I cannot tell you is why they did it. As you must be aware, I am not employed with social security. I am a lawyer who handles social security law. I have absolutely no access to your confidential social security records. Clearly they have deducted an extra 2 months of part B premium. Only they can tell you whay they did so at this time.

I understand that you may be disappointed by the Answer you received, as it was not particularly favorable to your situation. Had I been able to provide an Answer which might have given you a successful legal outcome, it would have been my pleasure to do so.

If you have additional questions, you may of course reply back to me and I will be happy to continue to assist you further until your questions have been answered to your satisfaction.

Would you please take a moment to positively rate my service to you based on the understanding of the law I provided by clicking on the rating stars---three stars or more. It is that easy. That is the way I am compensated for having helped you.

Thank you in advance. I wish you the best in your future,

Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon,

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,