TaxRobin, Tax Preparer
Experience:  15+ years in tax preparation and instruction

I need a copy of my 2016 form 1988 as proof of income as I

Customer Question

I need a copy of my 2016 form 1988 as proof of income as I am buying a mobile home. I cannot find my copy so I need a copy to present to the finance company. My name is***** at 1115 Kennesaw Ridge #601 Columbia, MO 65202 and my SS# *****###-##-#### I appreciate any help you can give me. My email is***@******.***. Thank you.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 2 months ago.

If you need proof you get Social Security benefits, Supplemental Security (SSI) Income or Medicare, you can request a benefit verification letter online by using your my Social Security account. This letter is sometimes called a "budget letter," a "benefits letter," a "proof of income letter," or a "proof of award letter."

To create an account on SSA web site, you can use the following link

Please let me know if you need clarification. If you do not then a positive rating is appreciated so I get credit for the response. (look for the STARS or SMILEY FACES)

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 2 months ago.

I wanted to check and see if you were able to make the request for the form.