emc011075
emc011075, Tax Adviser
Experience:  Tax adviser IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
62958156

My husband died 3 years ago at the age of 63. If his

Customer Question

My husband died 3 years ago at the age of 63. If his benefits are more than mine, is it possible for me to switch? I have been receiving benefits for 4 years.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 3 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Yes, you may be eligible for window's benefits. But if you took your benefits before your full retirement age, you will not receive 100%. At what age have you started your benefits?

To apply for widows benefits you will need visit your local social security office. You cannot apply or switch online or over the phone.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
That is what I thought. I am willing to pay $16 for your answer BUT I do not want to pay every. Onrh. This is the only question I have. How do I cancel?

No problem. Once you accept/rate the answer I can notify the customer service to make sure that you do not want monthly subscription. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars.