emc011075
emc011075, Tax Adviser
Experience:  Tax adviser IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
62958156

What is the maximum allowable income per month for someone

Customer Question

What is the maximum allowable income per month for someone currently receiving social security disability benefits?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 3 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

If you earn more than $1130 ($1820 if you are blind) per month, you are considered to be engaging in substantial gainful activity (SGA) and you may loose your benefits.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have a part time job and am paid every two weeks. Is the monthly allowed income start and end with the first & last days of each month? My job is sporadic, usually 20 hours per week and paydays do not coincide with first & last days

It is on average. A month usually start with the 1st and ends with the last day but you will not be automatically denied the benefits because you made little more in one month. On the other hand, if you constantly make just bellow the limit, social security may get suspicious. They look at the whole picture. A sporadic work will not get you in trouble but a steady part time job may.

I see you offline now. So if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.