keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner
Experience:  Sr Tax Expert/Financial PlannerCPA/PFS (retired)Over forty years of advising individuals & small businesses

I'm 59 years old how much would it get from social security

Customer Question

I'm 59 years old how much would it get from social security with 3 kids at home. Ages 2,8,11. I forgot I would retire.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  keeperumiami replied 2 months ago.

If you are talking about retiring now, you would not be eligible for benefits. At 62, you would be eligible for benefits based upon your earnings record, but the benefit would be permanently reduced because you retired early. As far as what your retirement benefits would be at 62 as well as at your full retirement age, you will need to contact the Social Security Administration because you and the SSA are the only ones authorized to have that personal information. You can reach them by telephone at 1-***-***-**** or on the internet at On the website, you can set up your own account as well as request projected benefit statements, as well as several other tools to determine your social security benefits based upon various assumptions.

Just checking in...................I see that you haven't returned to view my response. Please let me know if I can answer any follow-up questions you may have. If none, then please remember to rate my response as that is the only way I will receive my share of the payment you have already made to the site.

Thanks very much,

Expert:  keeperumiami replied 1 month ago.

Did you experience problems with re-locating your question after I responded to it? AND/OR,

Did you by any chance experience problems with the rating system?

I ask as around the time of your question the site was having some issues in this regard and some of the ratings weren't credited to us. If that was an issue with you, perhaps you could just indicate your rating in words, hopefully good, very good or excellent. If you would take a moment to do that, customer service with credit me with responding to you and close out the question favorably.

Thanks very much,

Expert:  keeperumiami replied 25 days ago.

Just checking in.....................

I'd like to close out this question before the end of the month, if possible.

I would appreciate it if you would take a moment to let me know if I can assist you further and if you would provide a rating for my responses as indicated above.

Thanks again,