ABC Accounting Group
ABC Accounting Group, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Business Consultant/Accounting Manager
89981332

My benefits for 2015 were lost in a move to a new home. I

Customer Question

My benefits for 2015 were lost in a move to a new home. I need them for tax purposes. How can I get a duplicate coy? Thank you
Category: Social Security
Expert:  ABC Accounting Group replied 8 months ago.

Hi. Sorry to hear.

If it is benefits through a company, you can contact the company you worked for and request a duplicate copy. Just want to confirm what type of benefits. Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No. I have been retired for 12 years and always receive a form with information regarding my benefits for the tax year and information for benefits the following year. I need this piece of paper for the year 2015 for a filing of my taxes as an extension.

For Social Security Benefits, you usually get the SSA 1099/1042S. You can obtain a copy from Social Security at the following # 1-***-***-****.

You can also call your local Social Security Office; the #'s are located via the following website (based on zip code):

https://secure.ssa.gov/ICON/main.jsp

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I just have one simple question and no free trial. Please tell me how I can get a duplicate copy for my 2015 social security benefits for tax purposes. This is sent to me annually by SS. This should be a simple answer. I have given my Credit Card number and fear what has happened. I received no help at all.

Sorry for the delay - I will resend my response:

https://secure.ssa.gov/ICON/main.jsp

If you would like to go online, here is some additional information:

Using your online my Social Security account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online. Go to Sign In or Create an Account. Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab. The website is as follows:

https://secure.ssa.gov/RIL/SiView.do

Hope this helps. If you have any questions, I am here.

If you have any questions, let me know. If not, if you could provide a positive rating, that would be great. It does not cost anything additional and will close the question. Thank you. Have a wonderful evening.