Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I WANTED TO ASK MY CHILDREN GET DISABILITY BENEFITS WHAT ALL

Customer Question

I WANTED TO ASK MY CHILDREN GET DISABILITY BENEFITS WHAT ALL ARE THE REQUIREMENTS JUST FOR THEM TO GET THESE BENEFITS
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I can help here:

...

To apply for a child...

You will need to complete an Application for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) AND a Child Disability Report. The report collects information about the child’s disabling condition and how it affects his/her ability to function.

...

At this time, only the Child Disability Report can be completed online. Please contact usby phone or in person to schedule an appointment to complete the SSI application. We will help you in person or by phone.

Steps to Apply

1. REVIEW the Child Disability Starter Kit. This kit answers common questions about applying for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits for children, and includes a worksheet that will help you gather the information you need.
  2. CONTACT Social Security right away to find out whether the income and resources of the parents and the child are within the allowed limits, and to start the SSI application process.
  3. FILL OUT the online Child Disability Report. At the end of the report, we will ask you to sign a form that gives the child's doctor(s) permission to give us information about his/her disability. We need this information so that we can make a decision on the child’s claim.
Expert:  Lane replied 3 months ago.

. … Please let me know if you have any questions at all.

...

If this HAS helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit")

Otherwise I’m working for no crediting at all here

...

Thank you!

Lane

I hold a law degree, (Juris Doctorate), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in financial accounting & tax, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986.

Expert:  Lane replied 3 months ago.

...

I’m just checking back in to see how things are going.

...

Did my answer help?

...

But again, let me know if you need more here.

...

Lane