1) Is this the first time your deposit coming?
2) Social security deposit is always one month late paying for the last month's payment.
3) It is not always the 2nd Wednesday of the month. The date of deposit is depending on the birthday of the beneficiary.
Second Wednesday, is for Birth date on 1st to 10th
Third Wednesday, is for birth date on 11th to 20th
Fourth Wednesday, is for birth date on 21st to 31st
4) Call Social security administration or visit a local office to find out why.
Call the helpline for social security direct deposit at 1-***-***-****.
Usually, they are patient and knowledgeable.
5) Today is the second Wednesday. If you always receive it on second Wednesday, today should be the day. No need to panic. We are dealing with the U.S. Department of Social Security, we are fine.
Please feel free to follow up.
Fiona Chen, MPA, Ph.D., CPA, ABV, CFF, CITP