dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I'm 65 years old and got married 3 months ago I work

Customer Question

I'm 65 years old and got married 3 months ago I work parttime and have not yet started to collect social security. Ny husband receives about $1600.00 a month in social security benefits. If I were to start collecting benefits now, I would receive $1011 a month whereas if I wait another 10 months, until I'm 66, I would received $1067 a month. I was advised that
I can receive benefits equal to my husband's benefits. I would prefer to speak to a social securities representative on the phone rather than communicating by e-mail.
thanks
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a licensed attorney for more than 3 decades and I handle social security issues.

As you have asked for a phone call, I will offer you that Premium Service and I'll process that offer to you after I get this posted to your question thread.

After you accept my offer of the phone call, would you please provide your phone number? After you do that, please send me a quick Reply to let me know that you have posted the number, so I can call you.

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I will not be able to call you until you accept the call offer I made in response to your request for a phone call.

Doug