Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I need a request for reconsideration form SSA-561

Customer Question

Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 9 months ago.

Hi Diane. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

You just need the form?

You can download it from here: https://www.ssa.gov/forms/ssa-561.pdf

Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Any questions?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am being charged double for my medicare Part B My income has been cut by my husbands retirement .Even though I've filed appeals. I am having trouble getting the charge reduced to a single premium.Help I don't know what else to do.My husband also filed the same appeal and got it reduced to a single premium
Expert:  Lane replied 9 months ago.

Hi, Looks like Eva has opted out. My names Lane. I can help here.

...

The SSA-561 IS one way tp go about that. But the SSA-561 is really intended primarily for the reconsideration of some "DECISION" that SSA has made.

...

This (the double premium) is really just a system error, an error in how someone at SSA entered something into the system, or some other procedural error.

...

YOU can send in the form, but I would recommend that, in tandem with that, you get comfortable with a book, call the main Social Security helpline at 1-***-***-**** (there WILL be a wait time) and set an appointment to go into the local field office.

...

It will not be immediate, but MY clients are telling me that for PROCEDURAL things like this, by taking in documentaion, bank deposit advice slip - or other evidence of the double charge - you'll end up getting to a resolution faster (better said, less slowly and with more accountability).

...

I know this will take some effort, but this kind of perserverance is what it seems to take these days.

...

Please let me know if you have any questions at all.

...

If this HAS helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit")

Otherwise I’m working for no crediting at all here

...

Thank you!

Lane

I hold a law degree, (Juris Doctorate), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in financial accounting & tax, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986.