dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice

I will be 67 August 22 2016, I work full time and applied

Customer Question

I will be 67 August 22 2016, I work full time and applied for part A at 65. I plan on filing for full S.S. the last week of August and part A. My wife turns 65 Dec. 6th 2016, does not have enough hours for retirement and is going to file for full S.S. part A & B that week. I am going to retire the last week of Dec. 2016. We do not have a supplemental insurance plan as of yet. I make apx 130K a year now and everything I own in Georgia is paid for. Is there anything I need to know or do differently? Do you have any suggestions.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am a GA licensed attorney.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a personal phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. You have Medicare Part A already?

2. Why are you filing for part A again the end of August?

3. Are you saying your wife will file for both Medicare and her spouse retirement benefit in December of this year?

4. Is your wife on your present medical insurance plan?

5. What kind of suggestions are you looking for?

Thanks in advance,

Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

I won't be able to assist you if you are not able to provide the minimal information I sought clarification on. Please get back to me with this information at your earliest convenience.