Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

What would help you qualify for medicare ,si if you are

Customer Question

What would help you qualify for medicare ,si if you are under 65 and how is medicare and medicaid different ?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Docmaddy replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for this question. People younger than 65 may also be eligible for Medicare if they:

• Have received at least 24 months of Social Security disability benefits or a disability pension from the Railroad Retirement Board (RRB).
  • Have permanent kidney failure and need routine dialysis or a kidney transplant.
  • Have amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (Lou Gehrig's disease).

As far as difference between the two is concerned, here are a few links which will tell you what is the difference between the two health care programmes,

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Link 4

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What if you are anemic?
Expert:  Docmaddy replied 4 months ago.

No anemia alone does not qualify you to be eligible for medicare, only if the anemia is a consequence of renal failure which requires dialysis therapy would you be eligible.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Also has several other things going on health wise and mentalwise ?
Expert:  Docmaddy replied 4 months ago.

Unfortunately, apart from the conditions which i mentioned above, any other medical condition would not qualify him to be eligible for medicare.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How do the twenty four months work? What if you got back payment for social security disability that was over twenty four months?
Expert:  Docmaddy replied 4 months ago.

That MIGHT make him eligible for the medicare, but you would have to contact medicare directly for an answer. Here is is their contact information,

1-800-MEDICARE (1-***-***-****)

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Do you know of most the information needed for medicare approval and if so what is it? Also didn't get a answer about the conditions listed being any help about the SSI disability ?
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** and I am here to assist you. I am a social security attorney in my private practice – that is ALL I do. Please let me know that my post here is coming through for you by typing a quick reply.

I see that you have included several questions into your limited post/transaction choice. I will extend the courtesy of answering your other two and if you wish for more questions answered, I will ask that you be offered a premium service should you desire.

1) So long as you have received/been owed24 months of SSD payments, you will be eligible for Medicare.

2) Also, yes, ANY severe medical impairment or combination of impairments that provably prevents you from working virtually any occupation* full time, can suffice under the SSD rules. As such, should you have more than one medical problem, you would want to present all of them to the SSA when you apply, and treat for all of them as frequently and thoroughly as reasonable, because your proofs are derived from the thoroughness of your treating physicians’ medical records – if your provider is a poor recorder of treatment, signs, symptoms, observations, it will typically decrease your chances of prevailing on your claim.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!