emc011075
emc011075, Tax Adviser
Experience:  Tax adviser IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
62958156

I closed one account and opened another at the same bank. I

Customer Question

I closed one account and opened another at the same bank. I had Direct Deposit of my Social Security. Do I need to file another Direct Deposit form to have it deposited in the new account? Patricia Van Cleve
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 4 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

If you closed the original account, than yes, you will need to let the social security know about your new account. The bank will not automatically redirect your deposit into the new account.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Expert:  emc011075 replied 3 months ago.

I see you offline now. So if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.