TaxRobin, Tax Preparer
Experience:  15+ years in tax preparation and instruction

I am and continue to work full time and drawing Social

Customer Question

I am 69 and continue to work full time and drawing Social security on prior work
record. Will my benefit increase in the future based on additional earnings?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a moment.

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 2 months ago.

According to the SSA laws, as long as you continue to work, even if you are receiving benefits, you will continue to pay Social Security taxes on your earnings.

However, SSA will check your record every year to see whether the additional earnings you had will increase your monthly benefit.

If there is an increase, they will send you a letter telling you of your new benefit amount.

Please remember that you are required to rate in a positive way (look for the STARS or SMILEY FACES) so I am credited with responding.