TaxRobin, Tax Preparer
Experience:  15+ years in tax preparation and instruction

I am applying for a bank loan and the bank wants a copy of

Customer Question

I am applying for a bank loan and the bank wants a copy of my 2015 benefit
amount letter not my ssa 1099. This is the statement that is sent in late December showing what my new benefit amount will be for the 2015 year.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 2 months ago.

Per the SSA information

If you need proof you get Social Security benefits, Supplemental Security (SSI) Income or Medicare, you can request a benefit verification letter online by using your my Social Security account.

This letter is sometimes called a "budget letter," a "benefits letter," a "proof of income letter," or a "proof of award letter."

To set up or use your account to get a benefit verification letter, go to the following SSA page

You can create an account then make your request for the letter your bank needs.

Please remember that you are required to rate in a positive way (look for the STARS or SMILEY FACES) so I am credited with responding.

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 2 months ago.

Hi Lee

I am checking back to see if you were able to create that account on SSA page and request your statement.