Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I have an appointment for settlement with the labor board

Customer Question

I have an appointment for settlement with the labor board this morning at settlement will affect my loss for Social Security disability I went over my allotted amount by less than $100 every time. If I win this morning which they most likely will this would mean at Social Security disability that did not happen and because of what happened with my employer, I lost my Social Security disability benefits because I'm making over the maximum amount of money to make and collect Social Security disability. So by what happen if I win this morning my income went from $2700 a month net to $1200 or less
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Employment Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason. Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: How do you want to five dollars
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No because I did not know what kind talk to
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Yes there is a lot to this story and it's affected every part of my life. I'm bipolar. There was the depression my credt is in ruin and and I could go on. It's a long story and I have court at 815 which is in 45 minutes
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: I don't understand instructions I'm not good with computers
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 4 months ago.

OK, please let me know if I understand your question right:

You are on SSD. You are about to settle a workers compensation claim. You are wondering if the settlement could have an effect on SSD, correct?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No I already went to the labor board hearing it was in formal I have a winning hand and they try to lowball me an offer I did not take it this is a long story because I work and got paid through my lunch hours and also was collecting Social Security disability put me over the $1130 amount that I can me without consequences I only exceeded that amount never been $100 working three days a week that would be $30 a week Times four The $120 a month at my company not violated the labor code gave me an unpaid lunch hour I would've never win over $1130 so my SSDI would've never been affected so it's too late for my first question I don't know what to do from here on in there's the question of how to settle my labor board dollar amount is the question because that happen the lost my SSDI there's the question what type of attorney I need to hire because of all the stuff that happened I went from making $2700 a month net two $1180 and almost lost my house I am bipolar it affected me mentally emotionally and financially I know this seems like a lot of information you're probably still not clear there are a lot of components that are in play autumn line if I never got that $10 which wasn't why elation of the labor code in California not to give me any unpaid lunch hour my life would be fine by doing that it settle on the stuff in motion and I know you're talking to you

I am sorry, I am having trouble following your narrative, so I will opt out so others can assist. No need to respond as that may slow things up for you.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 4 months ago.

A different Professional here.

I am sorry, but I am having difficulty understanding your post.

Kindly review, edit, add proper punctuation marks, properly identify the parties and your issues, ask specific question(s), and resubmit.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It is a complicated situation with many pieces in action all affecting the loss of my SSDI benefits because my employer that I worked for part-time did not allow me to take a lunch hour unpaid I was asked to work eight hours straight through because of that I made too much money and they took away my SSDI benefits in the state of California it is illegal Not to give you a lunch hour unless you signed a piece of paper stating so which I never dld I . The maximum you can make in the state of California without it affecting your SSDI is $1130 so as soon as I exceeded that amount more than nine times they took away my SSDI each time I exceeded that amount it was less than $100 meaning a total of $1230 or less . Had I gotten any unpaid lunch hour I would've made $10 less per day working three days per week equals $30 there are four weeks in the month that equals $120 having only exceeded the maximum benefit of $1130 by $100 or less most the time less sometimes $20 sometimes $60 sometimes $40 in Soren so had they not paid me for my lunch hour and obeyed the law I would've never gone over the $1130 and still be receiving my SSDI. When I left that job I filed a complaint with the labor board and already had a hearing however it was not an official hearing it was just a negotiation my employer admitted they were wrong And were willing to give me $1900 however I did not settle for that so there has been no final judgment because for all the violations that they have committed to figure could be as high as $10,000 if you still don't understand please call me(###) ###-#### My name E***** *****gren I have done some research this could be hi dollar lawsuit most likely in the hundreds of thousands of dollars because of all the violations and rules that were broken by my employer and SSDI.I lost my income my credit was ruined I suffered tremendously emotionally because I'm bipolar that's why I was on SSDI in the first place. My wife feared for my welfare as well as my life I had to borrow money from my friends I still haven't paid back. All this because my employer republic parking a corporation that manages in ohms 3300 parking structures at various airports from a Smallman like I worked out in Santa Rosa did JFK it is a multimillion dollar corporation. If you want to do some research just Google Republic parking Chattanooga Tennessee that is their corporate headquarters . They broke several labor violations not giving paid lunch hours no giving breaks sending my last check after I gave two weeks notice a monthly I could go on when I left my informal hearing at the labor board when I found this website they tried to lowball me and pay me only $2000 when they owe me at least $8000 with penalties, that's just the labor board case which affected my Social Security which it affected my welfare which affected me financially and almost ruined me so if you don't get this by now because of my grammar and my spelling call me let's make some money together

Thank you for the detailed information and for your patience.

Regrettably, this site does not offer legal representation. If you need someone to negotiate for you with the Labor Department, you would need to retain a local Attorney who handles wage and hour issues to assist you with the case. You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Consumeradvocates.org

If you do not have any follow-up question(s), kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.