TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Preparer
Experience:  15+ years in tax preparation and instruction
14155347

IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET MY ACCOUNT STATEMENTS INCLUDING BACK

Customer Question

IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET MY ACCOUNT STATEMENTS INCLUDING BACK TO 1960? I NEED TO PROVE THAT I WORKED IN THE USA BACK THEN
Category: Social Security
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 5 months ago.

Hello

SSA can give you copies/printouts of your Forms W-2 for any year from 1978 to the present. You can get free copies if you need them for a Social Security-related reason.

They would not have records available prior to that date.

https://www.ssa.gov/forms/ssa-7050.pdf

The above link it to the form to request your earnings statements.

You must pay SSA a fee, in advance, to get detailed or itemized earnings information for purposes not directly related to administering Social Security programs. Certified yearly earnings totals or an itemized earnings statement (certified or non-certified) can be obtained by completing the Request for Earnings Information (Form SSA-7050)

You can request the 1960 date up to the present (or last year you worked in the US)

Please do not forget or ignore to give a positive rating (look for the STARS or SMILEY FACES). It adds nothing to your costs but it assists me.

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 5 months ago.

Hi, just checking back to see if you responded after you read my answer to your post.