Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My son was assaulted at age 18 - he is now 22 we have been

Customer Question

my son was assaulted at age 18 - he is now 22 we have been trying for years to get him better - and yet he still remains limited - he is diagnosis included ptsd, adhd, major depressive disorder -he also have chronic migraines due to the assault - all head trauma and he has slow processing - testing is now taking place for tbi - he has worked two part time jobs - short duration each after the assault and has limited work history - he wants to work - but the issues he faces makes it hard and I am hopeful if he has disability he can be hired as such and will not be harassed at work - additionally he was hit by a car while at work on his last job - and we are in process of having his leg looked at - dr. says he need surgery - all very complicated - since he was 18 when the trauma event happened - can he get benefits under my ss work history - what form do I fill out - we are feeling a bit overwhelmed - delays were based on trying to get him better - many appointments and both my parents have been in very poor health - so we are putting out the most urgent fire first -
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 4 months ago.

He may be able to get benefits under your work history if you are also receiving benefits. Otherwise, no. For more information on how to apply for benefits for him, click on the link below:

https://www.ssa.gov/forms/ssa-4.html

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.