dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice

I was told by many Social Security meetings that if I waited

Customer Question

I was told by many Social Security meetings that if I waited until I was 66 years old that I could continue I to work and not be penalized. BUT I received a payment every month after I turned 66 until a few months ago. Now it has all stopped. I'm 67 now and I know others who are still working and get SSA benefits
What have done wrong
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 2 months ago.

HI. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

That's correct. Once you reach a full retirement age, you can have unlimited earnings and your benefits will not be affected. What is your year of birth?

Have you received any advance notification from the SSA about your benefits being reduced or cut? SSA will always give you an advance notice.

According to my calculation you were born in 1949 and your full retirement age is 66 indeed. Have you got any benefits before your 66. birthday? If not, your earnings are not the reason your benefits stopped.

If you have not received any explanation from the SSA and your benefits suddenly stopped I would suggest to contact SSA as soon as possible.

Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?