Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

My question is that I am on Disability and I am 59 years

Customer Question

Hello Pearl, my question is that I am on Disability and I am 59 years old. I know that there is an option to work part time but I have not been able to find a position that will accommodate my Disability. I also have very high medical bills. Is there any other possible options to make some additional funds? I am even considering food stamps but I don't know if I am eligible. Last but not least, am I in a position to receive some type of Social Security ?
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I am not aware of anything. thank you
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 7 months ago.

...

I'm sorry, there isn't any additional benefit fom Social Security itself.

...

However, you may be eligible for The SNAPS program.

...

http://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/supplemental-nutrition-assistance-program-snap

...

SNAP offers nutrition assistance to millions of eligible, low-income individuals and families and provides economic benefits to communities.

...

Also, another thought; If you start a business of your own, you can not only deduct the normal expenses before any income would count against your benefit ... you can also deduct expenses that allow you TO do that work that's associalted with your disability.

...

Amd Medicaid, can also help with the medical costs (if that's not already innpae and your income is low enough)

Expert:  Lane replied 7 months ago.

...

I’m just checking back in to see how things are going.

...

Did my answer help?

...

Let me know if you need more here.

...

Lane