dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I was on disability until September when I turned 62. My

Customer Question

I was on disability until September when I turned 62. My doctors say I am now capable of low stress, part-time work.
I would like to ask if the SSA offers any assistance to persons like me in finding such work.
I just want to feel useful and occupy more of my time with a worthwhile pursuit. I am retired so very flexible in terms of time. Ideally, I would like to work with people.
My name is*****####-##-#### I live in San Antonio, TX and my phone is(###) ###-####
I have a b.a. from the University of Texas - Austin and spent my career as a government and corporate executive.
Thank you
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 4 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Unfortunately social security is not as understanding. If you return to work, even part time and make more than 1130 per month, you will jeopardize your benefits. It is called substantial gainful activity test. Even if you switch to regular benefits at 62, your benefits will still be reduced by $1 for every 2$ if your earnings are more than 15,720 per year. Unfortunately, the same would apply to self-employment income as well.

Once you reach your full retirement age you can have unlimited earnings and keep your full benefits.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.