emc011075, Tax Adviser
Experience:  Tax adviser IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor

My husband is on ssi disability, I am 60 and still working

Customer Question

My husband is on ssi disability, I am 60 and still working part time, Can I collect on hid ssi
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 3 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

You need to wait until 62 to be eligible for any social security benefits. If you apply at 62, you will be eligible for about 35% of his benefits which may be further reduced by your earnings if you continue working.

And here's benefits calculator. Based on your date of birth and month you start collecting spousal benefits you can estimate the percentage you will receive.

If you continue working, your benefits will be reduce by $1 for every $2 you make over 15,720

I see you offline now. So if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.