Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I need to change my benefits from one checking account to

Customer Question

I need to change my benefits from one checking account to another. I will be closing the old account.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 4 months ago.

Hi Mary,

...

The have three options:

...

you can create a my Social Security account and change Direct Deposit online.

...

You also can sign up at your bank, credit union, or savings and loan. (They'll do it for you. They have the forms). OR

...

callSocial Security at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****).

Expert:  Lane replied 4 months ago.

You can click here -> my Social Security to go set up the online account where you can do MANY things

Expert:  Lane replied 4 months ago.

But again, you can also go TO the bank, and sign a form that they have to do this ... OR call in to the main number (Monday's can be busy). My clients tell me thhat calling early (they're open for calls from 7:00am to 7:00pm) tues through thursday is a shorter wait time, as well.

Expert:  Lane replied 4 months ago.

Please let me know if you have any questions at all.

...

If this HAS helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit")

Otherwise I’m working for no crediting at all here

...

Thank you!

Lane

I hold a law degree, (Juris Doctorate), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in financial accounting & tax, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986.