Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Former IRS Revenue Agent

I have received a "suspended electronic access" when I try

Customer Question

i have received a "suspended electronic access" when I try to sign-on to my SS account to check the status of the application (benefits) I signed up for last week.
On Friday (7-15), I received this error when I tried to log in and was asked to try again in 24 hours. I'm still receiving the same message 48 hours later and am unable to view the status of my application. Can you please clear this up for me and can you also tell me the status of my application. I will no longer be working in September and will need my SS benefits.Thanks! Bette Mullen
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Dr. Fiona Chen replied 3 months ago.

Dear Bette,

This is a question and answer center. We cannot gain access to your SS account. Even if another person or anyone else can, please always keep the access to your account to yourself and do not designate to others.

When it says that it is suspended, it is likely that when you tried to enter the system, the password, user name or the symbol on the screen were entered wrong and you tried more times than the system allowed.

My suggestion for you is either to call the Social Security Administration or to walk in their customer service center. You still have enough time to do it. Of course, it seems that you are still working. So, you may feel that you cannot do it in person. You may want to check their office and go in when you can. The application can be done right there and all your questions can be answered.

Please feel free to follow up with questions. Otherwise, I am ready to be rated by you for your satisfaction to my answer. Thank you.

Fiona Chen, MPA, Ph.D., CPA, ABV, CFF, CITP

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

You are welcome.