emc011075, Tax Adviser
Experience:  Tax adviser IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor

My wife filed and suspended about a year age and I have been

Customer Question

My wife filed and suspended about a year age and I have been receiving spousal benefits since that time. She has now going to take her full retirement. Does this mean that I will no longer get the spousal and if not, how long can I still receive it?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 3 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Your spousal benefits are your own benefits based on the spouse's records. Your spouse will receive her own benefits. Her applying for her own benefits will not change yours in anyway. You can always keep your benefits (your own or spousal) or switch to your own at 70 if you want.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?

I see you offline now. So if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.