Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.

I need the social security number of my step-father"

Customer Question

I need the social security number of my step-father "John Henry Steinle" who was born on April 21, 1917 and died in 2002. I was executer of his estate and the Attorney no longer has the estate records. After his death, I had to take care of my mother with dementia and her properties as well as settle my step-father's estate. She died a few years later and and I spent another year or two settling her estate. Shortly after that I was diagnosed with cancer. Through all this, I had to move to numerous places and suffered with Chimo brain. I do not remember if one of my father's accounts was ever closed. When I contacted the Credit Union, they informed me that if there is no activity in an account, it is transferred to a department with the state of California. That department needs his Social Security number which I no longer have.
Can you help?
Category: Social Security
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Barbara replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Your stepfather's death certificate should contain his social security number. Ways to obtain a copy of the death certificate would be contacting the funeral home and/or Bureau of Vital Statistics in your state/county.

Since you were the executor, you will know if the will was probated. If so, one or more of the documents recorded with the court will contain his social security number.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Your latest post requests a phone call, and I have made you a Premium Service Offer.

Thank you and best regards,

Expert:  Barbara replied 3 months ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know, and I will be happy to assist you further.

Best regards,