Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My social security check has been on direct deposit at citi

Customer Question

My social security check has been on direct deposit at citi bank in saugus, ca 91350, located on Bauquet Canyon Road., for 15 years. Suddenly, I can not access my account. How do I check and find out what happened to my social security check? Helen Kalvin(78 years old on monday july 11, 2016.
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: my husbands social security check is in the same account. helphelen
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Retirement Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Dr. Fiona Chen replied 4 months ago.

Dear SS in Citi Bank,

1) Have you contacted Citi-bank? They can provide you with information even on Saturday, today, or even now. Their phone services usually are good and are available 24/7. So, do it now.

2) Call the SSA, Social Security Administration, if not just walk into a local SSA office to talk to them.

3) My direct thinking is that if you cannot access your bank account, it is more of a bank issue and not a SSA issue.

4) Don't worry about Social security check for now. If your husband's check is in the same account, I am thinking one of you is disabled and cannot operate his/her financial affairs. Keep cool and call Citi bank now.

Regards,

Fiona Chen, MPA, Ph.D., CPA, ABV, CFF, CTIP

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 4 months ago.

A different professional here.

If you are suddenly unable to access your bank account to check for your direct deposits, you need to go to your bank and find out why you can no longer gain access to the account and get the bank to resolve the issue.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.