How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3427
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can my wife change her name to include my last name.

Customer Question

How can my wife change her name to include my last name.
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 3 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

What's the reason for the name change? Did you get married?

If she got married or divorced, she can use the marriage license or divorce degree and go to the local social security office to request a new social security card. For other reasons she have to visit the local court house and file a name change request form. She will have a quick chat with a judge and will get office name change letter. Than she can go to the local social security office and request a new SS card and records update.

Related Social Security Questions