emc011075
emc011075, Tax Adviser
Experience:  Tax adviser IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
62958156

I am 64 now and am whondering how will my social seduruty

Customer Question

I am 64 now and am whondering how will my social seduruty disability be affected when i turn 65.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 5 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Your benefits will be automatically converted to regular social security benefits and the amount will stay same. You you will also be eligible for Medicare and Medicare premiums (Part B or D) may be taken out of your social security check.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I just need to contact SS about Feb nest year before my April BD.

Not regarding the benefits. The SSA will make the switch automatically. For your Medicare eligibility, you will receive something in mail. Part A (hospital coverage) is free, for Part B (doctors visits) and Part D (prescriptions drugs) you will have to pay premiums. Most of it can be done over the phone or through mail.

I see you offline now. So if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.