Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

I have automatic payments of social security into my bank

Customer Question

I have automatic payments of social security into my bank account. I hae not received these payments for the last three months (May, June, July) The bank tells me they have received no notification other than that the last payment arrived in April. What do I have to do or whom do I need to see to rectify this?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 3 months ago.

You need to go to the local office of Social Security Administration to find out exactly why you have not received the payments. Going in person is preferable to calling on the phone. At the local office, your issue would be reviewed and you would get a definite answer why you have not the received the payments and what can be done to fix the issue. That would not be the case if you call on the phone.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.