Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

We have a bill from Medicare A quarterly payment of $

Customer Question

we have a bill from Medicare for Part A quarterly payment of $ 365.40. However, my wife just started getting her Social Security Retirement in June. We understood that her part A would now come out of her monthly check. That means Social Security would be taking out $121.80 per month. Do we need to pay this bill since it covers July 1, 2016 through September 30, 2016 or will it be taken care of by the automatic withdraw from her social security check? We need this answer ASAP since it is now due and we do not want to be late. Can you help with this information.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 5 months ago.

You would need to pay this bill now. It will not be taken care of by the automatic withdrawal. For more information click on the link below:

https://www.medicare.gov/your-medicare-costs/paying-parts-a-and-b/pay-parts-a-and-b-premiums.html

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.