dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice

I need to establish how many QC's I have towards the "recent

Customer Question

I need to establish how many QC's I have towards the "recent Work Test" and the "Duration Work Test" to apply for SSDI.
Can you help me determine my hours?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

I can help you. In case it would make things easier----which I believe it will-----I can offer you a phone call and we can discuss all of these issues over the phone.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hello Doug,
Thank you for your response. Regarding a telephone call. At this time, what I really need, is the upfront information regarding my QC's, in writing. PayPal indicated that your processing fee of $45.00 has gone through. This indicates to me that my questions should be paid for. If I am incorrect and have misunderstood the situation, please reply to me immediately. Thank you.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 3 months ago.

The call offer was for your convenience. You have no need to accept it---but it would have streamlined everything tremendously. And only your deposit for the question was made---that is all, I have not been paid yet, I promise you.

Unless you can think of some other way to provide all the information I need, I need you to respond to the following:

1. I need to know that month and year that you first became legally disabled?

2. I also need to know the age at which the disability occurred.

3. Finally, I need to know how much you have earned each year as reported to the IRS for the 10 year period immediately preceding the year you became disabled.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am looking to you for the IRS information. I was under the impression that your service handled that.Considering the situation, I will need a refund of my $45.00.Thank you
Expert:  LawTalk replied 3 months ago.

If you need assistance navigating the system or if you have billing questions, you can contact customer service at(###) ###-####

I am unable to further assist you in this matter, and I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other professionals.

Your question is being placed back in the question list for other professionals to see, and to respond to. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should another professional pick it up, you should be alerted by email unless you actively disable this feature.

There is no need for you to reply at this time as this may "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other professionals' access to it.

I apologize for any inconvenience and wish you well in your future.

Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 3 months ago.

We are not the IRS. I am a social security attorney that assists people with their SS questions - no, we can not invade your private/confidential SS or IRS tax information. Trust me, that is a good thing. You need to go to and get your "annual social security earnings statement." No one can do that for you - it would be prosecutable. But once you do that, you will have your earnings figures and corresponding years. From that, and after you provide me with your alleged onset date of disability (I assume you are seeking to prove disability, since recency test does not apply to retirement), I can determine where you are at with QCs. As you can imagine, getting those numbers to me would be easier for you if you enjoyed direct access via premium service, but it is not necessary if you prefer to do that leg work and cut and paste those figures in a reply post here.

I would further add that this analysis is done daily by SS attorneys for their clients - so you may wish to retain one, since it costs you nothing to do so.