Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I 't think I have tax issue. I'm 65 and on SS. Id there a

Customer Question

I don't think I have tax issue. I'm 65 and on SS. Id there a way to increase my monthly checks via FSAAF ?
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: Do I qualify for FSAAF? Is it still an active program?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: I'm on SS now ,The company I worked for was purchased in 2015. They did not retain me. I have chronic pancreatitis and have too much pain. I went on SS a year early at age 65. Would the FSAAF program help increase my monthly checks?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Retirement Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 10 months ago.

...

FSAAF is not a program per se. It's just an order in which you file for the separate benefits that social security can provide.

...

For non-disability, there are three types of benefits; (1) etirement benefit based on your own work record, (2) spousal benefit, 1/2 of your spouses benefit (or less depending on whether you filr ealy or not) and (3) survivors benefit, 100% of the deceased spouse's benefit (or can be as low as 71% if you filed early at age 60)

...

FAASF stands for File As A Spouse First.

...

Are you married?

...

Let me know and we can go from there.

...

Lane

...

...

I have a law degree, (Juris Doctorate), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in financial accounting & tax, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986.

...