dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I have a child in my custody the father receives disability

Customer Question

i have a child in my custody the father receives disability benefits through the army at 100%. the child as been in my custody since june of 2015.does she qualify for benefits shes 5 yrs old
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Are you asking about Social Security benefits? If so, does the father receive SSA benefits or just the ones through the army?