dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

Its not a tax issue. I will lose my disability which is a

Customer Question

Its not a tax issue. I will lose my disability which is a small amount when I get married because I am under my fathers social sec. What can I do? I am not allowed to be married legally.
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: NO but the gov. won.t let me marry in Sept.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Retirement Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 months ago.

Good morning Cathleen,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What kind of benefit are you receiving? Disabled Adult Child (SSDI) benefit?

2. You wrote: I am not allowed to be married legally. Of course you may legally marry if you are of age and competent. Or, are you referring to the loss of SSDI benefits if you marry?

3. Are you a ward of the state or is someone your Legal Guardian?

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 months ago.

I won't be able to assist you if you are not able to provide the minimal information I sought clarification on. Please get back to me with this information at your earliest convenience.

Doug