Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

On Ltd from work and soc sec disability would like to retire

Customer Question

On Ltd from work and soc sec disability would like to retire at age 62 January 2017 and continues with retirees benefits from work. What procedures do i need to following and do I contact my employer or soc sec????
Category: Social Security
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My text phone number is *****
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Barbara replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

As soon as you are certain that you will be retiring at age 62 in January of 2017, you should notify BOTH your employer and social security of your intentions. I am sure you have the contact information for your employer. You can contact social security at 1-***-***-**** between the hours of 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Expert:  Barbara replied 5 months ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions or concerns. If so, please let me know, and I will be happy to assist you further.

Best regards,

Barb