PDtax, CPA firm owner
Experience:  35 years tax and professional advice in all matters money

I have had 2 heart attacks and 5 stents placed in the past

Customer Question

I have had 2 heart attacks and 5 stents placed in the past year. I went thru not being able to have open heart surgery because my blockage was so severe, the left side muscle was not working, we were planning my not being around very much longer. But then everything my cardiologist did to open up my arteries worked, even my muscle was only hibernating, and is coming back. My cardiologist gave me a clearance to go back to work, without restrictions. My return after 5 Months off was to be gradual. I work as a R.N. at an out patient surgical center. My problem is that I haven't got the confidence to do my job anymore. I can't concentrate or stay focused, I'm very anxious can't sleep thinking about returning to work. I have a referal to see a Dr. about these issues, but I don't believe I can work anymore. Even if I can't recieve disability, I don't believe I can go on. It would be alot better for my family to recieve benefits.
What do you think?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  PDtax replied 4 months ago.

Hi. I'mCustomer I'll assist.

Expert:  PDtax replied 4 months ago.

There are a lot of things that disable people, and SSA recognizes many of them. Anxiety is one that qualifies.

I assume you are under age 66 for a social security retirement, so social security disability is your next best step to supplement your other income.

I'm not going to address working part time, or working in a less physically demanding specialty. My response is meant to focus on disability only.

The system recognizes your condition as disabling, so you should qualify for benefits, with your doctor's diagnosis and support through the application process.

Your financial condition will have an impact as well, but if you can't bear the thought of working, then you can't work. And that's what SSDI is all about.

Consider applying, and asking your doctor to support your claim at your dr. appointment.

Also consider engaging an attorney to assist, as claims without legal 'pushing' can take months or years, and that has to be considered as well. An attorney will be worth their time and effort, as their claims seem to get more respect from the agency (one practitioner's opinion). And you only need to worry about other things.

I hope that addressed your concerns. If so, please rate my assistance with positive feedback. I'mCustomer

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
When speaking of "qualifying condition" is that the anxiety or heart disease issue or both? Also what is meant in your reply "financial condition impact"? What comes first the chicken (filling out disability form with social security -intent) or the egg (get Dr. diagnoses and then lawyer and then fill out forms)? If Dr. decides I need therapy is that a hoop I need to jump through though I know I can no longer perform my job or at that point I contact a SS lawyer?
Expert:  PDtax replied 4 months ago.

Since the anxiety is your current health issue the it's disabling, that l is what would qualify you for benefits.

See the doctor first before applying, tho ensure he will support your claim.

Expert:  PDtax replied 4 months ago.
Hi again.Customerhere. Just following up on my earlier work.If this answered your question, please rate my assistance to close out your inquiry. I'mCustomer