Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I need to obtain my deceased fathers SSN. Can you direct me?

Customer Question

JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I need it to check on a pension that might be owed to me.
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: No my Grandmother is adamant that I am intitled to this plus the back pay is that true?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Retirement Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 10 months ago.

...

I can help here - I hold a law degree (JD, Juris Doctorate), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in finance & tax, as well as CFP® and CRPS designations. - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security & Medicare, estate, corporate & tax advice since 1986.

...

You'll have to give me some details.

...

Who's he pension from?

...

Were you a dependent at the time of his death?

...

COntact information for the pension administrator?

...

In terms of getting the social security nnumber ... you can get that from Social Securfity ... let me get the form for you

Expert:  Lane replied 10 months ago.

"Request for Deceased Individual's Social Security Record"

...

https://www.ssa.gov/forms/ssa-711.pdf

Expert:  Lane replied 10 months ago.

And if this is a Social Security Survivors Benefit, here's what you'll need to apply:

...

https://www.ssa.gov/planners/survivors/howtoapply.html

Expert:  Lane replied 10 months ago.

I hope this has helped.

...

Please let me know if you have any questions at all.

...

If this HAS helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the faces or stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit")

JustAnswer will not credit me for the work unless you do.

...

Thank you!

Lane

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It is from the Newnam Foundry CO,. INC the number is ***** he died in May 1974.
Expert:  Lane replied 10 months ago.

Spoke to Jennifer - Pension Mgr there.

...

There are no benefits for a son, even if a dependent minor at the time.

...

Only a legal spouse would have been entitled, and only if spouse at the time of death

...

I hope you’ll rate me (using those stars, or faces on your screen, by clicking submit) based on thoroughness and accuracy, rather than any good news / bad news content. Otherwise I’m working for no crediting at all here.

Thank you!

Lane

I hold a law degree (JD, Juris Doctorate), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in finance & tax, as well as CFP® and CRPS designations. - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, both for-profit and non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986.

Expert:  Lane replied 10 months ago.

Did you see my answer?