LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.

What is the amount of my monthly social security benefit?? I

Customer Question

What is the amount of my monthly social security benefit?? I began receiving SS 15 yrs. ago. My husband handles our finances. I would rather not ask him because then I'd have to answer his questions re: "Why do you need to know?" Thank you. ( I won't give you my information until you request it.)
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon Carol,

I'm Doug, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Each year social security sends out a Benefit Award Letter to each recipient, including you, and that letter explains what your monthly benefit will be each month. Because I do not work for social security and do not have access to your private social security financial information, I cannot answer your question directly but I can explain how you can get your answer in a matter of about 15 minutes. Let me explain how to do this.

If you have misplaced your Benefit Award letter---also known as a proof of income letter---or you haven’t received yours yet, you may get one in several different ways:

You may get a replacement document using your online “my Social Security”account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online. You can open your own social security online account and see your earnings statement, estimated retirement benefit and much more, in about 15 minutes through this site:

Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents". Your 2016 Award letter will be there as a replacement and you can view it and print it out if you wish.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon,

Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?

In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.

As I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,