Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

I have no money sgould getckon the 15 but I applied now rec

Customer Question

I have no money sgould getckon the 15 but I applied for Medicaid now rec letter wont get paid till july 1 then after that will be paid on the third ofeach month so doi get a ck in july 1 and a ck on july 3
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

No you would only get 1 check per month. If you were told you get your first check on July 1 then you would get your next check on August 3 unless you are getting back pay for disability then it is possible that you get your lump sum check and then your normal monthly check a couple of days later. I would guess this is not the case but you can clarify that with the SSA agent you are dealing with. So to answer your question, unless it is a lump sum check you will only receive 1 check in July.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or number from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated by the site.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I recieve my ss ck each month on the 15 of the month I applied for Medicaid not I get a letter the I wont get a ck until july 1 and then after on the 3, so will I geta ck in the 1 and one on the 3 of july

SO you are saying that since you applied for Medicaid, you social security check moved from the 15th to the 1st? and from thereafter you will receive it on the 3rd? You should not get an extra check so if say the June 15th is not being paid and instead will be paid on the 1st and then July is being paid on the 3rd then yes, you should receive 2 checks in July.